IoTSF members also benefit from a £200 discount on course prices in addition to any existing discounts! Contact the IoTSF office for more details.
|6th & 7th September 2022||Innsbruck, Austria||£2000||£1800|
|13th & 14th September 2022||Bristol, UK||Register interest|
|18th & 19th October 2022||Windsor, UK||Register interest|
|25th & 26th October 2022||Edinburgh, UK||Register interest|
6th & 7th September 2022 Innsbruck, Austria
If you prefer to pay by invoice for any of the courses, please choose the following option:
About the Course: Foundations of IoT Security
At the completion of this course, attendees will understand the foundations of securing IoT products, the attacker and threat landscape as well as the technical standards, policy and regulatory environment. The course is run across 2 days and is taught in English
Course attendees can benefit from a fully inclusive package of accommodation, all food and drink to enable networking with their peers. They will also receive an IoTSF Certificate of Completion at the end of the course.
Interested parties are encouraged to book early as places are limited. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- Understand the foundations of how to secure a connected IoT product.
- Be able to discuss the main threats and attacks on IoT products and services.
- Understand the viewpoint of an adversary, as well as the tools and techniques they use.
- Know how to research and assess IoT threats and risks as they arise.
- Be able to work effectively with security researchers on reported IoT security issues and concerns.
- Understand how to implement and run a Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure (CVD) scheme.
- Have the knowledge to be able to develop a security patching strategy and product update life-cycle.
- Have a good working understanding of the best practices and assurance framework laid down by the IoT Security Foundation.
- Introduction to IoT fundamentals and the threat landscape
- Engineering for Security
- Product Communications Security and Best Practice Cryptography
- Data Protection, Privacy, Web/Cloud and Network Security
- Management Governance
- Securing Production and the Supply Chain
- Vulnerability Disclosure
- IoT Security Self-Certification, Legislation, Regulation and the Future
- Practical hacking sessions across the two days
- 2 day course run by internationally renowned security experts
- All necessary equipment, software and guidance for the practical hacking sessions
- A printed training course handbook
- Buffet lunches
- Cohort dinners and networking
- Course certificate
- Optional – 2 nights residential accommodation, breakfasts and parking
Who Should Attend this Course?
This course is aimed at IoT practitioners, startups and those who wish to understand how to practically implement security into IoT products and services.
The trainers will take attendees through the basics where necessary and will adapt to the skill range of the attendees, providing individual assistance throughout. The course is therefore suitable for all levels of experience and skill.
There are no course pre-requisites but it is advised that you familiarise yourself with the IoT Security Foundations publications on which the course is based. For the practical hacking sessions, Copper Horse will provide all the necessary equipment, software and guidance to support you.
The course is run across two days and sales tax / VAT is calculated at checkout.